Saturday, July 9, 2011

Random Bits on the poison called Love

Intoxicated
High drunk
Dizzy dazed
Spirited
blinded
Stoned fantastical
idealistic
dreaming
ecstasy
psychedelic

How is this happening? I can't say I hate it though, it feels so good, it hurts. I want it to stop but if it does, i'll call for it to come back.
Like a cloud, like a bubble floating freely in the air, like the wind whistling in your ear, like a bird flying over a waterfall, like the sound of music singing inside of you--soothing your soul--telling you sweet secrets, you smile and your blood melts, this is it: this is how it feels: you're in love.

Sleep and dream and escape and wake up to a world where you dance and float and smile and dance some more... and there's nothing but it's you everything. you sigh and breathe and it's good. then you wake once more...........................................
***

I've had this song stuck in my head... for eleven years. I don't know the words, i don't know it's name, I just know its tune. I find myself humming it and not even know how or where it came from. The song in my head comes to life whenever I see you.
***

"let's be high," he said to her.

"...i don't do drugs." she says.

a smile forms at the corner of his eyes.
"yea i don't either."

"...then i don't understand," she says. you can hear the drops of nervousness in her sweet voice.

"come with me," he says.

"...where we going?" she asks.

"you'll see," he says.

taking her hand, he leads her to a floating staircase that never stopped ascending. into the air it went, passed the clouds, neighbors to the stars, and above the earth.

"are we almost there?" she breathes.

"maybe," he says.

finally at the top, there lay a door.

"let me open that for you, miss." he plays.

"why thank you, sir" she curtsies.

at the other side, the door exposed the sky.

"I think we're going to fall..." she says, worried.

"then let's jump," he says.

"i cannot." she says.

they hold hands and together, they fly.
***

Yea it goes away, but let's not have that yet.
Let's relish in the moment; get lost in our hopelessly hopeful bliss; blinded by romance, unsevered from reality yet--no, let's please ignore it. let's enjoy it. just this moment--let time freeze--let your mind empty of nothing but us.
***

How would I know if I do or don't? It's been so long, I can't remember right now. I'm gonna do that thing everyone says not to do and over think it: what if I never felt it before? What if it wasn't real? So today, how am I supposed to know what to do with it when it never happened before? I don't want to play that dumb game, where you make sure you don't respond too quickly or where you make sure you're busy enough not to think about him. That's dumb, and I'm gonna do what I want and I won't regret it later.

Your Mind
It's amazing how your mind can play tricks on you. You'd think it speaks the truth your soul tries to hide but at times, it's really just feeding you fantasy and ideas and hopelessly hopeful snacks. Your mind... it plays magic on you. It's the heart of your head and it's the eyes of your world, but at times, they're nothing but broken lens; clouded vision, shining on desires and blinding you from reality. Damn your mind for being your deceitful friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment