Saturday, July 9, 2011

I'm Not a Princess

"All girls are princesses," he said. "That's what my grandmother always told me."

"Well I'm not a princess," I told him. "But I'll take it..."

I'm not a princess! Princesses are perfect dainty and delicate little creatures. They're an unrealistic personification of females and in the end, they're supposed to live 'happily ever after.' But life doesn't work that way. Maybe if it's not right to speak for everyone else, I'll say FOR ME at least, life doesn't work that way. See, I've had to work for what I wanted: my car, my tuition, my clothes, my phone... My parents didn't 'live happily ever after.' She had an affair and they divorced. Now she's alone and he's the one with the new family. I'm not trying to come up with some sob story but that's exactly my point: life isn't a fairytale. And princesses belong in them. See, princesses are easy, simple individuals. Cinderella meets her prince at a ball, the shoe fits--and she leaves with him. In Sleeping Beauty, she wake up and marries the guy. Snow White bites into an apple and wakes up with a kiss. Know what happens when I bite into an apple? I find fucken worms and shit in it 'cause it looks "good" on the outside but to my surprise, it'll be rotten on the inside.

Rant to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment